Thursday 27 November 2014

Photography Practice for Helen Moore - Studio

I have started to have a real practice in the studio so that I can get a good idea of what  I need to do with the cameras and lighting, etc, when I get into the studio on Monday 8th for my Helen Moore shoot.
Photos started of very experimentatioal, trying to get the lighting and camera settings right when shooting with the fur.
Not enough lighting

Over-exposed 


ISO and Shutter Speed settings too high


I then, with some guidance, managed to get the setting to balance out and I went back down the studio and had another go. We also changed the image files to RAW.

Still not the right lighting, a working progress. But fur is photographing well.
Lighting getting better, trying out some different compositions and angles.
Fur photography really well. Vibrant colours coming out.
Playing with props and close-ups, lighting a lot better. 


Trying out with more props.
Trying out with film reels
Better focus on front - not lighting on the back.

Just adding a small spot of light to the centre of the reel at the back of the image really pulls the image together.

Changing angles
I think the practice went pretty well, I got some more ideas of how I would like to shoot, what settins I should use, and how long it would take to do everything.

Behind the scenes -
Studio

Studio

Me switching props around
Cassandra moving and positioning fur and props

Me positioning props again


Ready to shoot

No comments:

Post a Comment